Master Level MPA/II Year / Mgmt. FM 80
LGD 642 – Urban Governance & Development Management Time: 4 hr
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The questions are of equal value.
Group ‘A’ [2×20=40]
(Long Answer Questions)
Attempt any TWO questions
- Trace briefly the emergence and development of urban centers in Nepal
- What are urban politicies? How the are significant in the development of systematic urban areas? Discuss.
- Discuss the reasons of haphazard growth of urban areas in Nepal.
Group –’B’ [4×10=40]
(Short Answer Questions)
- Distinguish between urban finance and municipal finance.
- Give reasons why urban poverty is increasing in Nepal.
- Identify major urban institutions and their roles in Nepal.
- What is partnership? How is it working in urban governance in Nepal?
- State briefly the urban governance strategy adopted in 13th three year plan.
- What are the bases of classification of urban areas in Nepal?